Friday, October 9, 2009

Wii Fitness for PE


All the rain has put my PE classes in the gym. We are getting ready to learn the game of volley ball. My PE classes are only forty minutes. That really isn't much time. The teachers bring them to the gym, and at the end of each class I walk them back to their classrooms. It seems that we just get started when the period ends. The thing that I really like about the elementary kids is that they always want to participate.



The Arkansas standards require that teachers of K-6 students can not teach over 500 students. JBE has 815 kids. These classes come to PE on a rotating basis. I teach 3 classes a day which equates to 15 classes a week. I have 360 kids. The biggest problem is learning their names.


Note the circles on the gym floor. Each student is assigned a circle. When they come into the gym, they go to their circle. It really organizes the class. I also collaborate with Coach K who teaches the other 25 classes. We are working on the President's Fitness Challenge. In December, we plan to asses the students using the President's Fitness Challenge rubric. Basically, we coordinate our lessens.


I was able to get the Wii sports games and the Wii fitness. I am getting it set up. The kids are very excited and are looking forward to using it. I think it will be a good way to incorporate technology.




No comments:

Post a Comment