Thursday, November 5, 2009

Getting the Offensive Line Ready for the Playoffs

We are having a great year. The offensive line has really stepped up. I couldn't be prouder of the guys. I really like this picture. That's me in the shades. I really work with the guys on being team players. In fact, my second book talk--You Gotta Get in the Game-- really brings home that lesson I am encouraging my guys to read the book. It is easy reading, twelve chapters, that motivates you to do your best. It outlines what it takes to be a winner, such as, be a team player, set goals, think positive, be honest, deal with adversity in positives ways, and be coachable. What I really like about the book is that the same ideals needed to be a winner on the football field are the same ideals that will help you be a winner in life.

I don't think anyone would believe the time involved in coaching. It's one am or later on Friday nights, up early to be at the field house on Saturday morning to grade films. Take today, our district is out for AEA days. But, the coaching staff has been at the field house most of the day getting ready for Dollarway tonight.
You know what though, it is the best. I'm not even missing having time to bow hunt; well, not too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment