Friday, September 25, 2009

A Star is born!

I finally finished my first formative video. Just getting all of the permission slips signed allowing me to video the kids was a tremendous job. I sent home letters Friday. I asked the kids to return them by Tuesday. Actually, I got most of them back that day; however, I lacked about five in each class. I enlisted the classroom teachers to help me. I made a few phone calls but when I was ready to video, I had them. The videoing was a trip, too. I had a couple of folks video for me--I thought with 2 cameras rolling surely I could get at least one good video. I think I did. Both videos had good footage and bad footage. I did not have the expertise to merge the two.

Other than athletics, the only classes that I teach are elementary classes. I meet these classes just once a week for forty minutes. I really worried about the forty minutes because the directions called for forty-five minutes, but I don't set the schedule. Add to that, I share a gym. The teacher before me was teaching volley ball. So, when I came in the volley ball net was set up. I had to take the net down and put up the soccer nets because as luck would have it--it was raining outside. I have to leave the middle school to get the elementary, so I don't have a lot of time for set-up. But, hey, you know what, it worked out. I was, for the most part, pleased with my teach and video. One thing that I want to work on is grouping and questioning.

I was very pleased with the performances of the kids. I have been talking to them about fair play and supporting each other. During the lesson, the kids cheered each other.

I don't expect to be picked up as a reality show, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment